We understand that just getting a Forest School qualification is not enough to run a forest school. Our Outdoor Learning Tutor will come in and assess the needs of the school, including the ground facilities and deliver a minimum 13 week program to get your Forest School off the ground. In collaboration with teachers and support staff, a rolling program of half-class forest school delivery will prepare your children and staff to embed Forest School into your specified year groups and allow you to sustain the benefits of play and learning outside of the classroom.
- Full site inspection and risk assessment of grounds
- Qualified teachers and forest school leaders delivering
- Collaboration with phase leaders and teachers to link themes to forest school
- Minimum of 6 Forest School sessions per year group with each year group split in half (16:1 max_ ratio)
- CPD for staff assisting with delivery and support with any formal Forest School training
Bolt on options
The best way primaries have used this package is when they have decided on staff gaining their formal Forest School qualification and supported that training with our Outdoor Learning Tutor to mentor them as they complete the training and portfolio and provide that immediate impetus to getting Forest School of the ground. This blend of practitioner delivery and formal training proves a fantastic way to embed outdoor learning philosophy and practice for the long term.
Duration: 1 day per week with minimum 13 weeks program
Cost: £150 per day