ITC Level 1 Award in Introduction to Forest School Principles (QCF)
‘Wild’ nature, risk and trust – how exciting!
In this forest school training event we will be exploring nature based education for children aged from 5 to 11 years offered as a weekly session on a beach, forest, bush, outback or river. This course enables participants to explore how we can integrate Forest School practice into the school curriculum and address practical considerations associated with educating young children outdoors on a regular basis.
This qualification is intended to introduce the candidate to the underlying ethos and ideas of Forest School and the use of the outdoor to aid learning. It is suitable for all who wish to undertake an introduction to, or have an interest in teaching and learning in this sector.
Understanding the Forest School approach to learning, participating in a Forest School experience, woodland species identification, impact of Forest School on the woodland environment and understanding hazards at Forest School.
Assessment tasks will result in each candidate producing a portfolio of evidence meeting each assessment criteria in the unit.
This course is designed to provide an Introduction to the Forest School Pedagogy. Forest School is a proven pedagogical methodology and one which has been adopted extensively throughout Scandinavia where it has become a key element of Early Years provision.
A great way to deliver the LNF ….. using the outdoors!!
Forest School provides a unique way of creating a child centred learning environment which fosters independence and self esteem in children through involvement in stimulating outdoor learning activities that enhance physical, mental, social and cognitive development.
The 2 day course involves:
• 2 days practical including skills assessment.
• Theory is completed via our E-Learning system and can be completed at own pace (submission within 1month).
• Most of each day is spent in the outdoors, please come prepared.
- To explore the origins, ethos and approach of Forest Schools
- To identify the benefits and learning opportunities offered by ‘wild’ nature
- To introduce some practical bush craft skills and knowledge
Who is this for
- Community and parent volunteers
- Level 1 school support staff
- 1 day CPD (non-accredited) Group Fee: £650
- OCN accredited Group Fee: £1250 (Max 12)
- Standard training course per person fee: £250